Simplify Learning ROS Affordably & Efficiently
TortoiseBot is an extremely learner-friendly and cost-efficient ROS-based Open-Sourced mobile robot that is capable of doing Manual as well as Autonomous Mapping, Navigation, Simulation and a lot more thanks to the creativity and support of the Open-Source ROS Community!
Multi-purpose started kit for ROS ( Robot Operating System )
TortoiseBot is out-of-the-box the simplest, and most cost-efficient ROS-based robot that has Mapping and Navigation capabilities. The core of TortoiseBot is a Raspberry Pi 4 running Raspberry Pi OS with pre-installed ROS. So the user can simply assemble the robot with included assembly guide in just 30 minutes and start working on the robot immediately without any additional setup. The robot also has support for Gazebo Physics Simulator where you can simulate your robot algorithms without actually risking the robot and also visualize the sensor data in RViz. TortoiseBot is based on a simple principle of – “ Everything that you need, Nothing that you don’t! “ Adhering to this motto, we have tried to minimize the components and eliminate expensive and difficult-to-use elements like encoders & IMU, instead replaced it with our cutting-edge & reliable software that uses relational reasoning to give precise odometry values thus reducing the cost by almost 40%. TortoiseBot is modular with various other sensors that work with Raspberry Pi which makes it the best pick for research in Robotics & AI.
- Teleoperation and LIVE Camera View
- Included with the TortoiseBot software is the code to control the robot through your computer’s keyboard or any joystick along with LIVE camera feed
- Perception and Mapping
- TortoiseBot comes equipped with all required sensors for localizing itself in an unknown environment and also make a map of the surroundings aka SLAM
- Exploration and Navigation
- TortoiseBot can Autonomously Navigate in known & unknown environments using Exploration and Navigation Stack offered by ROS
- Computer Vision & AI Applications
- Using an onboard Camera, the computer vision and AI applications you can build with TortoiseBot is limitless with a streaming speed of upto 60fps at 720p